Explorelab 10 WIKI Database
Welcome to the Explorelab 10 Wiki Web! This webclient serves as a knowledge database within the limits of whatever fascinates us. Although the interface is by far not yet up to scratch, we decided to give this system the benefit of the doubt, and are more or less using it...
X10 Score Sheet
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 24 Nov 2010 -- Could all students planning on doing their P4 please post their date & time etc. in the ExploreMentors schedule?
Because I, for one, would like to try and be there to see and support you (unless you really hate having an audience of course...)!
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 20 Oct 2010 -- Application_form_GO_NO-GO_P4.pdf: settle a date with your mentors, print and fill out the form, and hand it in before November 12th
Explorelab X Activities
- CatalogueX - booklet documenting collective activities - organised by Daan
- ExplorelabDinners - organised by Nanet, Dena, Saskia
- Explore/Bouwpub (tuesdays at 17.00)
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 09 Mar 2010 -- From today's Architecture&Senses lecture on SOUND: Elif Ozcan Vieira from IDE is willing to provide advice and her PHD-publication (! "Belling the Cat") to anyone interested, especially 'architects'.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 02 Mar 2010 -- Evidence Based Design: BartVanDerHooft is reading an interesting book about Evidence Based Design; find an article about it attached to this main page. Ask Bart about it for more information!
- -- LDanielSwakman - 02 Mar 2010 -- The dissertation - book about writing an architectural thesis - there are sample pages online:Amazon link.
- For people who are into blobby weirdness and 3D-modeling: Marcos Novak is lecturing at the faculty: 20100303_18:00 Lecture hall D. -- TimPeeters - 02 Mar 2010
- More 'mapping': bio-mapping and/or emotion-mapping http://www.biomapping.net/ Bio Mapping is a revolutionary methodology and tool for visualising people's reactions to the external world. -- SaskiaVerheggen - 25 Feb 2010
- Info about context mapping: getting deep insights in the user experiences: emotion, the situation of product use, and social and cultural influences. By giving them tools to express themselves, they are generating information about their own experiences. Most used in Industrial Design, but probably also usefull for some of our researches! -- KiaraS - 18 Feb 2010
- For everybody interested in sustainability: there is an interesting event, Kick off: Climate City Campus, tomorrow (24th february) starting at 13:30. See the website for more information and sign up. -- CarinavanAmerongen - 23 Feb 2010
Below are listed the themes around which the research and collective activites of Explorelab 10 will be organized. Also listed are sub-themes which will be the focus of additional smaller group research activities.
Group 1: RESOURCES
Group 2: SPATIAL PERCEPTION
Group 3: CULTURE
|| Eun Yong
|| Jean Paul
This is our "smoelenboek"
This is our list of ExploreMentors
please fill in your (mentor's) preferred date and time for the P2 presentations.
- John Heintz is the coordinator of Explorelab 10 and provides instruction in research. His area of expertise is in design managament, design methods, and architectural qualtiy.
- Robert Nottrot is the principal architecture mentor and provides instruction in design. His area of expertise is ...
- Elize van Dooren coordinates the building technology instruction for Explorelab. Her area of expertise is ...
- Machiel van Dorst is the former coordinator of Explorelabs 1,3,5,7, & 9. His area of expertise is ...
Education/Architecture/Explorelab Web Utilities
- -- CharlotteMeulenbelt - 05 Oct 2010 - Please check out the Explore/Designprocess page for information about the workshop on the 19th of October.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 02 Oct 2010 - Our group finished the poster for our Athens competition and submitted it last Thursday! We probably won't win, as long as we beat the other group.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 15 Jun 2010 -- I made a WIKI page for ExploreBerlin. Since there are still a lot of uncertainties, let's discuss on Wednesday how we will proceed...
- -- EunyongKim - 05 Jun 2010 -- There will be a lecture by Peter Zumthor in Rotterdam 17th June.You have to register first on website 'Nai, and go!. student price is 10euro. visit here -> http://en.nai.nl/activities/register
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 04 Jun 2010 -- weekend of 26 & 27 June is BNA 'Day (ahem) of Architecture' with loads of usually closed off buildings now open (mostly for free) to the public and many other special activities! This year's main theme is re-use; for more info visit the site - in Dutch only (sorry)
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 04 Jun 2010 -- Thank you all for a wonderful & fun Presentations-day! Hand-outs and other extra info will be sent out by mail aswell as posted on Explore/Presentation. As mentioned before, the handling of the video's might take some time, but everyone will have their own fragment sent to them soon.
- -- CharlotteMeulenbelt - 27 May 2010 -- Please check out the Explore/Food section on a Post-P2 High Tea! Cancelled due to lack of time and interest. (Mannen, je kan beter kippen houden!)
- -- NanetSchaap - 19 May 2010 -- Dear Explorers, please fill in your preference date and time for your P2 and check and complete the fields of your mentors. To do so click here
- -- LDanielSwakman - 05 Apr 2010 -- I structured our Explorelab X Activities into a few categories and put it in order below. Lets make sure everyone gets involved in organising something.
- --Main.PimvMeer-4 april 2010 -- Hey team, We have the unique situation that we can dicide what we want to do... but i didn't hear anybody about a guestspeaker. Why not? so i would like to propose to invite Kees Christiaanse... that is intresting for me about Rotterdam but he did a lot more... i would like to invite him to speak about urban complexity's.and maybe some Green/ durability in city centers.... who is intrested?... I need a team...(again) who would like to help?.... or/and specify a theme?... oke... Check my wiky to see some lectures from this Hero (K. Christiaanse)
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 01 Apr 2010 -- P1-schedule_explore-lab-10.pdf: P1 Schedule Explorelab X
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 01 Apr 2010 -- this section was CLEANED UP again; all links were re-placed and/or under the 'old news' tab at the end of this page.
- -- PimvMeer- 29 Mar 2010-- I made a general conclusion and the conclusion per theme.... i put it on the rotterdam wikki, judge if you don't agree. We should put all the sheets togetter. I have all from the material group (thanx!), but i havent seen any from culture... where are these?
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 26 Mar 2010 -- The P1 schedule can be found among the attachments on this page, room T is reserved for us on March 31st, 8:45-17:45 hrs; earliest people check the beamer etc. please
- -- PimvMeer- 25Mar 2010-- Team, we are almost finnished with the Rotterdam booklet but we need to stick the pages togetter. Can every group drop there pages on the rotterdam excursion wikki so we can put them togetter and make a general conclusion to finnish it.. please
- -- CharlotteMeulenbelt - 25 Mar 2010 -- Hello! I was thinking about the Explore/StartUp event for the new year: maybe it would be fun to make a week long intensive workshop where we can ask different people to do a day-long workshop with us. I think the focus must lie on the relation between our research (which will be quite finished by then) and our design (which intensively starts then), the research -> design quest. I would suggest to do four day's of workshops and use the last day for presentations, conclusions and drinks. Anyone ideas about who to ask? Maybe someone form Vormstudie for a modeling study? A thought on dates: last week of august might (with exams and introductions) not be a good idea, so the first week of september or the second to last week of august might be more suitable for everybody.
- -- NanetSchaap - 17 Mar 2010 -- Hey all! I am creating a blog on my wiki page. I already uploaded a nice story and a reportage of some photo's, which I hope you will like! I only struggle with uploading just a picture in my page, Carina I see that you have a photo at your site; would you or someone else can give me some explanation about that? I hope to see you all next week! Arriverderci! kisses from Venice! Nanet
- -- DenaTahitu - 16 Mar 2010 -- Dear all, next week, thursday the 25th of March, there will be a 'cold buffet', here in our designstudio. See ExplorelabDinners for more information on who cooks and what they will be cooking.
- -- YtseJousma - 15 Mar 2010 -- On the 8th of april there will be held a Cradle to Cradle meeting (with M.Braungart) at the University of Rotterdam, you can register for free @
- -- PimvMeer - 10 Mar 2010 -- Hey guys, i hope you are all looking forward for tomorrow. There is no pre-homework to be done by you... Please trie to be on time tomorrow... 10:00 o clock!!! BUT the main thing..... we will discuse the excursion on Monday instead of Fryday because is may take some time.... but we will discuse that tomorrow
- -- KiaraS - 08 Mar 2010 - We added our report from the Explore 02 excursion to London! Explore/London
- -- PimvMeer - 08 Mar 2010 -- Thanks for the pdf file about Lijnbaan street. It isn't really helpfull for the excursion but for my research it is! thanks a lot!.(I will delete this post later)
- -- EunyongKim - 08 Mar 2010 -- I attached one pdf file about Lijnbaan street, that I got from my previous studio. I hope it will be helpful for our next Rotterdam excursion. (This book is written by Dutch!!, I only recognized Pictures;) )
- -- PimvMeer - 03 Mar 2010 -- We are planning the excursion to Rotterdam! You can see the link below ExploreRotterdam.
- -- SaskiaVerheggen - 02 Mar 2010 -- Please fill in your (preliminary) list of mentors here.
- -- JohnHeintz - 17 Feb 2010 -- I've made a few structural changes in the wiki. Nothing has been eliminated. Rather I've moved things from the top page to their own pages. You need only follow the links. I hope everything is easy to read and follow from the top page. Also I've opened a discussion forum for the London Excursion in Blackboard.
- -- CarinavanAmerongen - 17 Feb 2010 -- Tim: I have uploaded the lecture about complexity from Igor Nikolic and here you can find his thesis.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 10 Feb 2010 -- The themes from the brainstorm session on 9 Feb can now be found here: workshop_themes.pdf.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 09 Feb 2010 -- See the overview of the theme groups here.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 08 Feb 2010 -- See the alphabetical overview of pages of this wiki here.
- -- LDanielSwakman - 08 Feb 2010 -- The contact list is now also available on this wiki. Find it here.