Lecture on Observer Dependence
- Students should be able to give a definition of ObserverDependent
- Understand that each observer has his own worldview that determines what and how is observed
- Understand how observe dependence interacts with Emergence
- Understand how observer dependence affects the process of model creation.
- Understand the link between Observer Dependence and Post Normal Science
Exemples of Observer Dependence
- Aliens who observe the planet and "get" what is going on, likewise how we view and understand ant colonies
- Road crossing and different perspectives on the view of the situation depending if you are a truck, car or a cyclist.
Wiki resources on Observer Dependence
Comments and Questions
I think this is a very relevant book, maybe one of the coolest I ever read... Its called Neural Networks - Computers with Intuition
. If I remember correctly the first chapter is titled the 'Origin of the Universe'... So there is no equations or codes in it, its just the philosophical background for understanding (artificial) neural networks, human cognition and many more...
This book is avaiable from the TU Library!
- 08 Feb 2010